How to request a repeat prescription
If you have a condition which requires regular treatment you will be able to request repeat prescriptions. You can request repeat prescriptions in one of four ways.
- Either handing the counterfoil of your computerised prescription form, indicating which medication you require, in the box provided in reception or by handing to receptionist.
- By completing a request form which are available at reception and handing to staff.
- Faxing your prescription request on 01727 863594 or 01727 827568
- Via our secure online services (provided you are registered)
To avoid errors we do not accept telephone requests
Please allow 48 hours not including bank holidays or weekends, from our receipt of your request before you wish to collect your prescription.
If you would like your prescription returned by post please enclose a stamped addressed envelope.
You will be required to attend regular medication reviews, if you do not attend when the doctor requests, it may affect the amount of medication prescribed at any one time.
When to order your repeat prescription
Please order your next prescription when you have 1-2 weeks of medication left. This allows us time to generate the prescription, get it signed and ready for your collection here at the surgery or at the chemist of your choice 2 days before you completely run out.
This also allows time if the doctor wishes to speak or see you regarding your medication.
Electronic Prescription Service
We are now participating in the NHS Electronic Prescription Service (EPS). This means we can send your prescription electronically to the chemist of your choice. This will save time and you do not have to visit the surgery to collect your prescription.
Please note that once a pharmacy has been nominated all subsequent prescriptions will go to this pharmacy until you request this to stop or nominate a different pharmacy.
Order Your Repeat Prescription Online
You can now request repeat prescriptions via our website from the comfort of your home or work at any time of day. To use this service, you first need to register for this facility with your practice and obtain a user ID and password.
Need a User ID and Password?
Please pop into the surgery and obtain a consent form for online repeat prescribing, complete and return to reception. Your user ID and password will be sent to you in the post within the next 10 days.
Already have your User ID and Password?
Enter Online Services
- You cannot share your login details with anyone else.
- Requests are made within the permitted re-order time for your medication (the system will not allow you to order more than is safe to do so, overuse will be refused)
- Items not on your repeat list cannot be ordered via the online services - write to the surgery as normal if you require any variation or additions to your repeat list.
- If you already have your prescription collected or sent to a pharmacy then this will automatically happen. If you want the script sending to a different pharmacy or wish to collect it you must indicate this at time of request - we will not accept responsibility for error if this is not indicated.
- If you want the script sending to you by post, you must provide us with a stamp self addressed envelope in advance. We are happy to hold stamps and envelopes for you and let you know when we have used the last one.
- Messages are to be restricted to repeat prescription queries. Any other queries should be directed to the surgery in the usual manner.
- Appointment requests via the repeat prescription screen are not to be made they will not be actioned.
View your medical records online...